Crockpot Corned Beef & Cabbage
With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, make sure you’re prepared to celebrate with a classic Irish recipe! With this Crockpot Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe, you’ll never have dry corned beef again.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 9 hours
Total Time: 9 hours 15 minutes
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 4 cups of water
- 6 ounces of beer (up to you and your preference! I recommend trying it with an Irish Ale)
- 4 pounds of corned beef brisket with spice packet
- 1 pound of carrots
- 10 baby red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 head of green cabbage, cut into wedges
- First, place the potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic at the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour in the water and put the brisket on top.
- Next, pour your beer of choice over the brisket. Sprinkle in the spice packet. Cover and set the slow cooker on High.
- Cook the brisket for 8 hours.
- An hour before serving, stir in the cabbage and cook for an additional hour.
To complete the meal, don’t forget the Guiness!
Adapted from AllRecipes