Classic Nakiri Knife - 6.5"
The Shun Classic line feature beautiful Damascus-clad blades a D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel .The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
Nakiri is simply Japanese for "vegetable knife." Chefs and good cooks around the world choose this beautiful and extremely useful tool whenever they have fruits or vegetables to prepare. With its straight blade, edge, and spine, the nakiri isn’t rocked like a chef's knife. Instead, use a simple push cut and enjoy the clean, swift work it makes of vegetables of all kinds. For daily salad preparation or slicing vegetables for stir-fry, it can't be beat. Finely dicing onions is fast, easy, and with the Shun Classic Nakiri’s blunt end, safer, too.
- Curved, rigid blade gets in close and offers controlled cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 68 layers of stainless Damascus cladding
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- 6.5" blade length
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Handwash blade with gentle dish soap
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach
- Rinse and towel dry immediately
- Store knife in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray or sheath