Ikon Santoku Hollow Edge Knife
CLASSIC IKON knives feature a distinctive, double bolster design for professional-style heft, exceptional balance and beauty. The handle is made of a highly durable synthetic material - Polyoxymethylene (POM) - which has a tighter molecular structure to resist fading and discoloration. The elegant shape of the handle is designed for a comfortable grip.
The IKON Santoku Hollow Edge Knife is designed with a thinner blade than the traditional chef's knife, at a 10° cutting edge, and gradually curves up at the very end providing a straighter edge. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife's blade.
- Precision-forged from a single blank of high carbon stainless steel
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Tempered to 58° Rockwell
- Half bolster for complete honing and sharpening
- Heel bolster provides added balance
- Contoured handle for a comfortable grip and contemporary appearance
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Hand wash with warm water, a damp cloth and dish soap
- Dry carefully
- Store in a knife block, magnetic holder or special case