Classic Boning Knife - 6"
The Shun Classic line feature beautiful Damascus-clad blades a D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel .The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
The Shun Classic 6" Boning Knife is key when it comes to that kitchen task. The narrow, sharp, curved blade gets in close to the bone, making it easy to separate meat from bone. Even fibrous tissue is no match for Shun's extremely sharp edge. It's perfect for trimming the silver skin from a tenderloin or roast or even making cutlets. The narrow blade reduces the drag as while cutting the meat, so cutting is fast and easy. When it comes to filleting fish, the blade's length is just right to glide through the body of the fish, quickly removing bones and skin.
- Curved, rigid blade gets in close and offers controlled cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 68 layers of stainless Damascus cladding
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- 6" blade length
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Handwash blade with gentle dish soap
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach
- Rinse and towel dry immediately
- Store knife in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray or sheath