Classic Chef's Knife
The Shun Classic line feature beautiful Damascus-clad blades a D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel .The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
For a chef's knife that is particularly lightweight and highly maneuverable, try the Shun Classic Chef's Knife. Like all chef's knives, it is an all-purpose blade ideal for a wide variety of cutting tasks. The wide blade keeps knuckles off the cutting board and is extra handy when transferring cut food form board to pan. With its curved belly, the Chef's Knife can be gently "rocked" through fresh herbs or spices to produce a very fine mince.
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 68 layers of stainless Damascus cladding
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Handwash blade with gentle dish soap
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach
- Rinse and towel dry immediately
- Store knife in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray or sheath