Classic Offset Bread Knife - 9"
The Shun Classic line feature beautiful Damascus-clad blades a D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel .The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
The offset handle position creates additional knuckle clearance and perfectly positions for a more powerful, easier cut. The scalloped serrations will slice neatly into the bread loaf without skidding, no matter how crusty it is. The knife is able to glide through bread without shredding and with fewer crumbs.
- Ideal knuckle clearance and no crushing or tearing
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 68 layers of stainless Damascus cladding
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- 9" blade length
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Handwash blade with gentle dish soap
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach
- Rinse and towel dry immediately
- Store knife in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray or sheath