Classic Paring Knife
The Shun Classic line feature beautiful Damascus-clad blades a D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel .The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
The Shun Classic Paring Knife is a must-have for every kitchen, The paring knife gets its name from its main function - removing or "paring" away things like peels or pits from fruits and vegetables. It's ideal for peeling, coring, trimming, decorating and other detail work. Its small size gives complete control over the tip and edge of the blade.
- For peeling, trimming, coring, and more
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 68 layers of stainless Damascus cladding
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Handwash blade with gentle dish soap
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach
- Rinse and towel dry immediately
- Store knife in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray or sheath