Classic Hollowed Ground Santoku Knife - 7"
The Shun Classic line feature beautiful Damascus-clad blades a D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handles. Yet behind these handcrafted knives' beauty is function: razor-sharp blades offering top performance. Shun's proprietary high-performance VG-MAX steel, which provides incredible edge retention, is clad with Damascus stainless steel, then ground and bead-blasted, revealing the flowing pattern of the layered steel .The result is a line of knives that are sharp, durable and corrosion resistant, as well as beautiful to behold.
A santoku is a Japanese all-purpose kitchen knife. Like a chef's knife, the santoku is used for just about every cutting job in the kitchen. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade help reduce friction so the blade glides through the food more easily.
- A light and maneuverable all-purpose kitchen knife
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 32 layers of stainless Damascus cladding
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood handle
- 7" blade length
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Handwash blade with gentle dish soap
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach
- Rinse and towel dry immediately
- Store knife in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray or sheath