Premier Santoku Knife - 5.5"
The Shun Premier Paring Knife is part of the beautiful Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX steel to take and hold a precision edge.The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed. The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow ground cavities to reduce drag.The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
The Shun Premier 7" Santoku is a beautiful, Asian-inspired chef's knife that many cooks today have added to their kitchen favorites. A knife of many talents, a santoku easily handles all the basic kitchen cutting tasks. Slightly shorter than the standard chef's knife, the Shun Premier Santoku is light, agile and very easy to maneuver. There's just enough belly curve to enable rocking cuts, adding to its versatility.
- An Asian-inspired chef's knife for handling most kitchen tasks
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 68 layers of Damascus cladding
- Contoured walnut-colored Pakka Wood handle
- 7" blade length
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Handwash blade with gentle dish soap
- Don't use soaps with citrus extracts or bleach
- Rinse and towel dry immediately
- Store knife in a block, knife case, in-drawer tray or sheath