With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, make sure you’re prepared to entertain with delicious salsas, as well as refreshing margaritas! These three fool-proof recipes are my go-to for Cinco de Mayo.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Individual Serving (~4.5 ounces)
1 ounce Cointreau
1 ounce lime juice, fresh squeezed preferred
2 ounces Tequila of choice
½ ounce simple syrup
2 teaspoons Triple Sec
1 cup ice
- Prep the glass by salting the rim.
- Fill the shaker with ice and all other ingredients. Shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour into the prepared glass and garnish with a lime wedge.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
1 ripe tomato, diced
½ white onion, diced
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Mix together the diced tomatoes, white onion and cilantro together in a large bowl. Next, add lime juice to taste.
- In a separate bowl, mash avocados until creamy. Add mashed avocados to large bowl and mix well with tomatoes, white onion, cilantro and lime juice.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper, to taste.
Fresh Mango Salsa
Prep Time: 10 – 15 minutes
3 ripe mangoes, diced
½ red onion, chopped
¼ cup chopped cilantro, chopped
¼ cup lime juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large serving bowl, combine the chopped mango, onion and cilantro. Add in lime juice and mix well. Sprinkle salt to taste.