Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
Mornings can be one of the most hectic times of the day. Either someone’s alarm didn’t go off, or lunch wasn’t packed the night before, or the dog decides they want to go on a longer walk than planned. When my mornings go crazy, I always forget to eat breakfast, the most important meal of the day. It became such a big problem that no amount of coffee could help me.
After talking with a friend, she told me about this magical meal called Overnight Oats. You prepare it the night before and wake up to a yummy breakfast that’s ready to go! So, even on the busiest morning, you always have a healthy and delicious breakfast.
What Are Overnight Oats?
Overnight Oats are a combination of old fashioned oats that have been mixed with any kind of milk (almond, soy, coconut, cashew, regular milk) and left to sit in the refrigerator for at least two full hours.
The best part is that you can customize them in any way you choose! Throw some matcha in there for a little pick-me-up. Mix together different berries with a dash of sugar. Or mix in some maple syrup for a true breakfast taste!
Chocolate Chip & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk or milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate chips
- Pour the old fashioned oats, vanilla, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and chia seeds into a lidded container (we recommend a mason jar or a Le Parfait jar).
- Add in milk and stir well until well combined. Make sure the oats are completely covered with milk.
- Close the jar and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
This recipe has saved my mornings! With this super easy food prep, you never have to go through the day without a healthy and filling breakfast.